In case you were wondering what Tower of Terror looks like around 3:30am, here is a nice foggy picture. I rode Tower of Terror after the Tower of Terror 10 Miler last year at 3:30am. It was an unforgettable experience. Unfortunately, the 10 Miler has been discontinued as a runDisney event until further notice due to rumors of construction and changes to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
If you were not curious about what the ride looks like early in the morning, then here are a few quick facts about the ride that you may not have known.
- The drop sequence is completely random. You may drop two stories and rise four or the opposite but no one really knows. The ride has gone through stages with the drop sequence. Originally, guests only dropped once.
- References to The Twilight Zone TV series are all around the library and the lobby. See how many you can spot. Of course if you have not seen the series, then I definitely recommend watching a few episodes but they might spook you!
- If you can see the line at the entrance or if it zig zags a lot then wait until it becomes shorter to ride, because it usually does not have as long of a wait as Rock’n’Roller Coaster.
- Never get in line right after Fantasmic lets out, because you will be joining EVERYONE from Fantasmic as they will all rush out.
- The girl in the video that you watch in the library is holding a special stuffed animal. See if you can spot who it is…hint his initials are MM
- If you are waiting for your party to come off the ride but it is raining, the benches on the inside through the store are much more comfy than the stone benches outside of the store.
- You will not start dropping the second you get on the ride. My sister kept asking “When’s the drop?” when she went on for the first time. Don’t worry, you will drop eventually.
- Try not to close your eyes. As you drop, the doors open and you can see out across the park and WDW property which is very cool to notice as you are screaming.
“You unlock this door with the key of imagination, beyond it is another dimension. A dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You’ve just crossed over into . . . The Twilight Zone.”