Eek! It’s been a month since I last posted. I’ve only gotten about five reminders from my cousin that I need to post so here’s a short post finally.
In the past month of my blogging absence, Disney has come out with news update after update. I feel like I have been away from this blog for a year. Here are a handful of the updates I have found especially interested from the past month:
- Animal Kingdom update: Rivers of Light, the new Animal Kingdom night show, will officially open on April 22nd
- WDW general update: Park pass prices are now tiered based on when you go and the passes have (on average) also increased in price
- Disney Springs update: A new list of more stores was released on the Disney Parks Blogs and includes Anthropologie, Kate Spade, as well as many others (I think the list had almost 30 new stores which will open over the next few months)
- RunDisney update: Wine and Dine Half Marathon registration was pushed back and a 10K was added to the race weekend. After two years of terrible weather, the night race has been moved to a Sunday morning race which has brought some mixed reactions in the online RunDisney running community
- Disney California Adventure update: California has seen the success of Food and Wine at WDW and so now some weekends in April and May will see a Food and Wine Festival on the other coast
- Hollywood Studios update: A new Star Wars fireworks show will be opening this summer. The current one has been very successful and I have heard rave reviews but the new one will supposedly incorporate the use of projections.
- Epcot update: The new Frozen ride (which replaced Maelstrom-thank goodness) will be opening by the summer
- Another general WDW Update: Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Purple Magic Bands are now available!! After almost two years of guests requesting them, they are finally available.
- Movie update: Zootopia premiered in theaters over the weekend. This movie did better than Frozen did in its first weekend. That’s crazy to me. However, my Newsfeed on Facebook was filled with EVERYONE from my younger cousins to many of my college aged friends going to the theaters to see it. Has anyone seen it yet? I won’t get to the movies until late March for “My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2” so Zootopia will have to wait until the summer.