My study abroad semester has just about a month left which is crazy! What is even crazier though is that my 21st birthday and 7th half marathon is just under two months away.
The Walt Disney World Half Marathon falls on January 7th this year, which is my birthday, and I am so excited. As usual, I have been running a bit but could definitely be running more than I am. I’m really looking forward to the race weekend as I’ll also be running the 5K and enjoying my time at Disney.
The 4 Things I Can’t Wait for are…
- Arriving in Disney and heading to the expo to pick up my race bibs. The expo always has a bit of excitement in the air as runners walk around picking up their packets and perusing the different merchandise stalls. I hope to get another medal to put on my Mickey Vinylmation and maybe look for another “I’m Training” shirt since I love the one I have but other than that, probably won’t buy anything. Maybe a magnet for the car too.
- Anything after Mile 1 and even Mile 2 of the races. I wouldn’t say I love running because that would be a stretch but I definitely like it a lot more than I used to. However, the first mile or two are challenging. After standing in the corrals, I am ready to run but then the crowds always make the start a little slow (not that I’m speedy by any means).
- Running or more like walking through Cinderella’s Castle. During my first half marathon, which was at Disney, running through the Castle was SO neat. Of course, the thoughts in my head were as follows “OMG I’m running through the Castle…Well actually I’m walking because there are so many people…Oh now people are screaming…I want to do that too…(screams)…That was fun…Oh yikes I’m not even halfway done with this and my legs are sore…Oh but this is so neat”
- Wearing my medal around the parks and getting to congratulate other runners. I won’t wear my medal for more than a day after probably although some people wear theirs the entire time they are in Disney.
3 Things I’m Dreading:
- The early wake up calls. I have to get up early for the 5K and half but my sister and dad are running the 10K and I want to go cheer them on so we will see if I can wake up for that too. I’m sleeping in on the 8th!
- The uncertainty of the weather. One year it was 30 degrees supposedly and when I ran in 2013, it was perfect weather. I’m worried the weather might be iffy or really hot or cold and I won’t know what to wear.
- Miles 8 and 9 of the half as those are usually the toughest for me. Once I get to 10 then it’s just a 5K to go!
4 Things I Can’t Wait For plus 3 Things I’m Dreading makes for a total of 7! And we are running on January 7th! What is everyone looking forward to or not looking forward to about WDW Marathon Weekend?